Word is getting around about a new, highly effective way to get rid of plantar warts. Clifton Foot & Ankle Center is excited to announce we’re now treating warts with Swift. Swift uses microwave technology that hones in on the root problem area below the skin, zapping out warts quickly, safely, and effectively.
What makes Swift technology so effective?
When you look at a plantar wart, you see a raised spot or spots on your skin. However, what you can’t see are the many roots that branch out and take hold deep below the skin. Within those roots is the virus that caused the wart to form: HPV or human papillomavirus. The virus “hides” from the body’s immune system, which is one reason why warts can be so persistent. Your body doesn’t recognize the intruder, so warts can last for years, resisting conventional forms of treatment.
Swift technology works by awakening the body’s immune response – a kick in the pants, if you will, to get the body to reject the virus and clear up the wart fast.
Advantages of Swift wart treatment
- It’s quick. In a matter of a few seconds, we deliver low-dose microwave energy directly to the wart using a hand-held probe.
- It’s precise, attacking only the problem area and not the surrounding skin. Skin doesn’t blister or peel like it can with other treatment methods, so there’s no need for bandaging or keeping the area dry afterward.
- There’s no cutting and no anesthesia.
- Patients are free to resume normal activities immediately following treatment.
- Warts clear up after 3-4 treatments.
- It has a very high success rate, removing even persistent warts that have resisted other forms of treatment.
Swift technology is here, right now, at our Fairfax County podiatry office. For quick and safe removal of painful, annoying warts, make an appointment online with board-certified podiatrist Dr. Kenneth R. Wilhelm or call us in Centreville, Virginia at (703) 996-3000.